June 25 Live Online - Distributed Agile Practitioner -GUARANTEED TO RUN!!!
Time & Location
About the Event
About the event
This Distributed Agile Practitioner Certification Class naturally extends the different core Agile frameworks to deliver hyper-productive results across remote team members. Participants will learn new techniques for optimizing Agile when working remotely. The class provides an overview on how to effectively implement Distributed Scrum for different types of team compositions. You will learn the principles to effectively work with distributed teams, remote team members, as well as in hybrid Agile environments. You will become proficient in the challenges and solutions associated with implementing Agile in distributed settings. In the course, you will assess your distributed implementation readiness and how to make the necessary changes to become an effective remote Agile team. You will leave with a transformation map and actionable items to make you an effective remote Agilist.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for anybody associated with Distributed Teams who wish to become more efficient with their Distributed Agile implementations.
Learning Objectives for Modules & Exercises
1.Introductions & Teams - Upon completion of this exercise, participants will be able to:
- Understand the various levels of experience of attendees in the class
- Identify the remote Agile experience of their team members
- Give the instructor an opportunity to understand their key learning objectives
2.Your Goal - Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of what we will be creating in this class – A map based on the components of the remote Agile framework which they will then use to formulate a Distributed Agile strategy to take home
- Describe the difference between “True Agile” and “Agile-But”
3.Distributed Agile What & Why - Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Identify the three Agile compositions that we will be using throughout the class
- Describe key challenges associated with Distributed Agility
4.Distributed Agile Tool Challenges and Techniques - Upon completion of this module,
participants will be able to:
- Define the types of tools for Distributed Agile collaboration
- Identify tool challenges for the different types of Distributed Agile team composition
- Introduce solutions to address challenges associated with Distributed Agile tools
- Apply tool techniques to your Agile implementation
- Assess their organization on the use of their Agile tools for remote collaboration
5.Distributed Agile Roles Challenges and Techniques
- Identify role challenges for the different types of Distributed Agile team composition
- Introduce solutions to address challenges associated with Distributed Agile roles
- Define the new roles associated with Distributed Agile
- Assess their organization on the roles for remote collaboration
6. Distributed Agile Events Challenges and Techniques
- Identify event challenges for the different types of Distributed Agile team composition
- Introduce solutions to address challenges associated with the Distributed Agile events
- Define the new events associated with Distributed Agile
- Assess their organization on their events for remote collaboration
7.Distributed Agile Artifact Challenges and Techniques
- Identify artifact challenges for the different Distributed Agile team composition
- Introduce solutions to address challenges associated with Distributed Agile artifacts
- Define the new artifacts associated with Distributed Agile
- Assess their organization on the use of Agile artifacts for remote collaboration
8.Course Wrap-up and Retro - Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Sign-up to access course material, survey, and certificate
- Give the instructor feedback on the course and propose ideas
Gain Access to Your Own Learning and Coaching Community
You will be able to connect with your fellow students and instructors after class via classroom team channels. These channels help to build a community of Distributed Agile practitioners that lives long after the class session.
SEUs and PDUs
You'll be able to claim 5 Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs) and 5 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) with the Scrum Alliance after completing this course.
About the Instructors
Ernesto Custodio, MBA, Ph.D. has over 25 years of experience working in the IT field. His experience includes Product Management, Software Development Management, Business Development Management, Project Management, Agile Coach, and Agile Trainer working with startups and Fortune 500 companies. His expertise includes Agile coaching, Agile transformations, and managing geographically dispersed teams. Dr. Custodio is a Certified Scrum@Scale Trainer (CS@T), Scrum Inc Trainer, Certified SAFe Program Consultant (CSPC), Certified Scrum Professional – SM and PO (CSP-SM/PO), and PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), holds an MBA and Ph.D. in Information Systems.