July 23 & 24- Leading SAFe (5.0) + Remote SAFe Bonus Lesson
Time & Location
About the Event
What is different about this class?
New Bonus Lesson!
In addition to the Leading SAFe certification class, you will learn how to plan and execute SAFe in a distributed environment. This bonus lesson has been created by Agile Genesis and is only found here. The additional class material includes:
- Distributed PI Planning risks and mitigations
- How to facilitate distributed PI Planning events
- Practices and techniques for successful remote team-member collaboration
This class has been custom-tailored to create an interactive online experience for maximum student participation. Our instructor, Ernesto Custodio, has over 2,000 hours of online training. Ernesto is an expert in delivering training in an online setting and brings years of online facilitation to the class. During this class, you will learn by using the tools for effective distributed team collaboration, including how to participate in remote PI planning events, among other valuable techniques. Our instructor has worked for multiple years in transforming Fortune 500 enterprises in globally distributed Agile teams using SAFe. He has coached companies, from small to large, ineffective SAFe implementations. In addition to achieving your Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification, you will hear real-life examples of how to implement SAFe in all environments. Ernesto is also certified in a variety of Agile frameworks. You will also gain an understanding of the main scaling frameworks and their differences.
Leading SAFe (5.0) Certification Course Description
Develop a skill set that’s in demand worldwide—and empower your enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when you become a SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA). During this two-day course, you’ll learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at scale in your enterprise.
You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace. You’ll also get practical advice on supporting Agile teams and programs, empowering a Lean Portfolio, building a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinating large solutions.
• Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
• Understanding SAFe Principles
• Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
• Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
• Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
• Empowering a Lean Portfolio
• Building Large Solutions
• BONUS: Executing SAFe in a remote environment
Who should attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
• Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
• Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
• Program and Project Managers
• Scrum Masters
• Release Train Engineers
• Business Analysts
• Agile Coaches
• Change Agents
• Team leads
• Product and Product Line Management
• Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
• Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, you should be able to:
• Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
• Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
• Continuously explore, integrate, deploy, and release value
• Empower with a Lean Portfolio
• Coordinate the development of large solutions
• Enhance your Lean-Agile leadership skills
• Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
What You Get
The class registration includes:
• Attendee workbook
• The SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
• Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
• One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
• Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Access to Your Own Learning and Coaching Community
You'll be able to connect with your fellow students and instructor via classroom team channels. These Slack channels help to build a community of Scrum@Scale practitioners that lives long after the class sessions.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
• 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
• Experience in Scrum
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
• Renewal fee: $100
SEUs and PDUs
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance