Product Owner / Product Manager
Exam and Taxes Included -Never Any Service Fees
What is different about this class?
This class has been custom tailored to create an interactive online experience for maximum student participation. Our instructor, Ernesto Custodio, is an expert in delivering training in an online setting and brings years of online facilitation to the class. During this class, you will learn by using the tools for effective distributed team collaboration, including how to conduct a remote PI planning, among other valuable techniques. Our instructor has worked for multiple years in transforming Fortune 500 enterprises in globally distributed Agile teams using SAFe. He has coached companies, from small to large, in effective SAFe implementations. In addition to achieving your Leading SAFe certification, you will hear real-life examples on how to implement SAFe in all environments. Ernesto is also certified in a variety of Agile frameworks. You will also gain an understanding of the main differences between the different scaling frameworks and how to compare them.
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
• Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
• Understanding SAFe Principles
• Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
• Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
• Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
• Empowering a Lean Portfolio
• Building Large Solutions
Who should attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
• Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
• Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
• Program and Project Managers
• Scrum Masters
• Release Train Engineers
• Business Analysts
• Agile Coaches
• Change Agents
• Team leads
• Product and Product Line Management
• Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
• Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role
Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
Refine Features into Stories
Manage Program and Team backlogs
Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
What You Get
The class registration includes:
Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
Attend a Leading SAFe® course
Experience working in a SAFe environment
Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
• Renewal fee: $100
SEUs and PDUs
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance